Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Time to Retire

Just before Christmas, a woman called me and asked if I could have a quilt done by January 4th.  Yikes!   It was Christmas and I had company coming for 10 days.    I told her it would be done and she brought everything over so we could discuss what she wanted the final product to look like.

Here's how everything turned out:
First, here is one of three piles of shirts she brought.
Shirts were first cut and organized into same size piles.
Whew!    Here's the final layout before being sewn together.  36 shirts, jackets and fireman jumpsuits were all incorporated in this quilt.   And, I was also able to add 4 patches and 3 embroideries.
Here is the completed quilt with the fireman border and black binding.   The client cried when she picked up the quilt and she took a pile of my business cards as she left.   The next day after the retirement party, she texted me that her husband was so moved that he cried in front of all his firefighter buddies when she presented the quilt to him........I love what I do for a living!

Very Satisfied,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment