Thursday, August 16, 2012

Tyler's Quilt

While I really enjoy making quilts, it's especially fun to make one for someone in the family.   My only nephew graduated from high school up in Pennsylvania in June and I was invited to celebrate at his party.   His mom had sent me some of his high school t-shirts to turn into a quilt and I was determined to get it done before I flew up there.  
Before we started the set up for the party, Tyler opened his quilt.   He loved it!   As a music major, he is involved with all things musical, so the quilt had to have musical elements, too.
Tyler's buddy, Max, thought it was "cool"!  Soccer shirts, music related  and sports shirts from his youth were what made up the quilt.  I really had fun putting them all together and rounding them out with white fabric that had music notes on it.
My brother and his wife sure do know how to put on a great party.   There were over 100 people there.   Thank goodness for the tents which kept the temperature down.
Tyler and his friends had a cool jam session on a stage made from my brother's car hauler.

And the grand finale of the day was a fireworks display put on by my brother, Tim.  Wow!   Thanks for a fun time, guys!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment