Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pink...Pink...I Just Love Pink!

Sometimes I see fabric at the store and it's as though the fabric has it's own gravitational force.........the luscious colors just pull me in.  And so it was with the fabric I used for another bag I made for my crafts.....this one was for my hand stitching. 
I just love the roses set on the soft blue background, and who could resist the pink and white polka dot?   It's just the perfect shade of pink....not too soft, not too harsh.....aaaaah, just right!
Just like the knitting bag, this bag began with the embroidery from Embroidery Library.     I stitched lime green (my other favorite color) ric rac around the embroidery which was then lined to create a pocket.   The pocket was then hand stitched on three sides to the front of the bag using heavy light pink cotton thread.   And I added two lime buttons to the handles to tie all the colors together.   Love, love, love the way this turned out.
Of course I put some pockets on each of the long sides inside the bag which hold patterns, scissors and floss.  As you can see I am currently using this bag to hold redwork embroidery for a quilt I am making for Christmas.   And just like the small bag I made for knitting socks, this bag is always stocked with everything I need to work on my project.   That way I can just pick up the bag at any time and walk out the door with some handwork to keep me busy while waiting at appointments.
If you have ever done any hand stitching you know that the first thing you need to keep organized are your needles for different projects.  A needle case is the easiest way to keep all your needles in one place and at the ready for a new project.   I had this wonderful lime fabric with script across it just begging to be used.   And I found a small crochet flower and smaller three dimensional rose button in one of my drawers of "goodies" and used those to complete the front of the needle case.
When you untie the pink ribbons and open up the needle case there are two pockets on the left which are large enough to hold quite a supply of packaged needles for different stitchery projects.   On the right is a thick flap of felt that is only attached at the top with the pink and cream ribbon making it easy for needles in use to be "on hold" there, ready and waiting for more thread.
Hand work bag
  
Knitted socks bag
Large knitted projects bag

I'm thrilled with all three of my new craft bags...one for knitting socks, one for large knitting projects, and one for hand stitching.   Color is what always draws me to fabric....and paint.....and clothes....and department store displays....and cars..........ooops, sorry, I got carried away.   As I was saying, color always draws me to fabric, but when I sew something it needs to be very functional in order for me to be happy with the end result.   And I'm very happy with how all of these bags have turned out.  I expect to get many years of use out of them, and they make me smile whenever I pick them up as I head out the door.                        

Why not make some bags for your own projects?
Debbie                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment