Thursday, September 27, 2012

Seminole Chiefs?

A couple of years ago a client came into my shop and asked if I could embroider her aprons for her.   On the garnet colored apron she wanted "Chief" in gold, the colors of the Florida State Seminoles.   On the bright blue one she wanted "Chief of Chiefs" in orange(if my memory serves me correctly), the colors for Florida Gators.  We had a good laugh about it and I finished the work for her and didn't give it another thought.

Well, quite a few months later she approached me again and asked me to embroider "Chiefette" for her niece.   A little while later she brought in another apron and I embroidered "Apprentice Chief" for her niece's boyfriend.   Apparently he was "applying" for the job of fitting into the family........more giggles.

Now, this week, the same woman came to me and I embroidered "Lieutenant Chief" on a black apron.  She explained that the "Apprentice" and the "Chiefette" were getting married and he had now graduated to Lieutenant in the family's eyes.   Pretty funny!    I can't wait to see what she brings me next.

Unbiased,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment