Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Adorable Travel Bag

Have you noticed that the airlines are getting stricter about your carry-on luggage?    Your carry-on has to have the ability to slide under your seat and cannot exceed certain dimensions.    Wouldn't you know, all the bags I wanted to use when I was going on a trip were too big on at least one of the dimensions the airlines posted on their website.  No problem!   Time to make one...

This is Annette's version at the store

Thanks to Annette Fly, who designed this bag at Keep Me In Stitches in Tampa, the solution was an easy one.   Her design is clever, fun, really practical and fit the bill for me.    I used my new monogram software to embroider my initials on the front panel of the bag and added a few extra pockets to the inside. 

                                                             And this is my version
 

 One of the pockets holds my I-Pad, another the power charger.   My camera and purse fit easily inside the bag and another pocket made it easy to have my boarding pass ready for the flight attendant.  I added a tab with a heavy duty snap to hold the bag shut for times I had to place it under the seat. 
                                                    Love all the pockets for organizing
 

And each side has a pocket that holds bottled water
 

This bag is so cute I think I may have to make another!    And I sure have had a lot of compliments on it, too.  Thanks, Annette, for all your tips and tricks that bumped the construction up a couple of notches.   I'm looking forward to designing the next one.

Sew Happy,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment