Thursday, March 17, 2011

More T-shirt Quilts

 Quilts, quilts and more quilts!   I love making quilts, or have you already figured that out?  This one is for a sweet little girl whose parents participate in marathons.  I tried to incorporate as much pink in it as I could.
 So, I used pink quilting thread and sewed varying wiggly lines for the quilting lines and embroidered her name on the front in pink.  
Every once in a while I included a little flower in the stitching.   Isn't the binding fun?   Black, white, lime, pink, chartreuse and soft teal stripes helped to pull all the colors of the t-shirts together.   This quilt was a pleasure to make and the shy smile on the little girl's face when I placed it in her arms made all the work worthwhile.

Have t-shirts, will quilt,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment